The Great Onion Knighthood

What Are You Watching?

Welcome to the social board! Forum rules are pretty loosely enforced here, so be prepared for anything.

Re: What Are You Watching?

Postby DarkHorseRequiem » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Assassin's Creed didn't come out in 2016. It came out in 2011. Called The Three Musketeers.

Seriously, I'm ****ing LIVID that the actual movie sucked butt when Musketeers was SO COMPLETELY AN ASSASSIN'S CREED MOVIE.

Combat with swords and guns with a ton of people? Yep.

Assassinations? Yep.

Architecture? Yep.

LEONARDO DA VINCI STUFF? Yep.

I really, really liked the movie (saw it yesterday on Netflix), but it pissed me off that every five minutes I'm yelling about Assassin's Creed. It's SUCH an obvious...God damn you, Hollywood.
DarkHorseRequiem
Knight
Knight

Postby cren3856 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:58 am

Why is Netflix making a Castlevania show?

At least the 5th season of Samurai Jack starts airing soon.
cren3856
Gold Knight
Gold Knight

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Well we know Konami doesnt like making video games anymore... maybe they're aspiring to be the next Marvel?

I was going to make a joke about how Solid Snake is totally as big as Spiderman... but you know honestly, to younger generations he might actually be. But, even so, the problem for Konami is that their depth is... not very deep. What do they have, Solid Snake, "A. Random Belmont", and... Bomberman?

No. This aint gonna work.

And i aint counting Dracula as a Konami character. Everyone has a damn Dracula. hell Marvel ALSO HAS DRACULA.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vlad_Dracula_(Earth-616)
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby DarkHorseRequiem » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:57 am

Abaddon Daemon wrote:Well we know Konami doesnt like making video games anymore... maybe they're aspiring to be the next Marvel?

I was going to make a joke about how Solid Snake is totally as big as Spiderman... but you know honestly, to younger generations he might actually be. But, even so, the problem for Konami is that their depth is... not very deep. What do they have, Solid Snake, "A. Random Belmont", and... Bomberman?

No. This aint gonna work.

And i aint counting Dracula as a Konami character. Everyone has a damn Dracula. hell Marvel ALSO HAS DRACULA.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vlad_Dracula_(Earth-616)

Alucard kinda counts as two of those, apparently.

Alsoalso, they're doing Castlevania, so they don't need depth. They just do one season
Spoiler: show
HA HA SEASON TWO IS THE SAME THING BUT DIFFERENT SETTING FUFUFUFUFU
DarkHorseRequiem
Knight
Knight

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Thu May 04, 2017 11:33 am

Wa-Jack!

Ive been rewatching Samurai Jack from the beginning.

Season 1 was amazing. Like, way better than I remembered the show being. So visceral. So artistic. So good.

Season 2, however......... is, sadly, exactly how I remember Samurai Jack being. Schizophrenic, often bordering on goofy.

I assume this is a byproduct of the "Cartoon cartoon!" days of Cartoon Network. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo... I think Jack was part of that whole "family", so to speak. I'm guessing they had hire ups pushing down their throat, "This show needs to be more kid-friendly! make it funny! make children laugh!".

Unfortunately that's not where Jack shines, and the "funny" episodes are typically just... awful.

That said, there's always a good mix of the uber-dark serious stuff. And those episodes are incredible. Sadly they're dragged down by having what amounts to "filler" episodes in between. I hate to say it... but at the end of the day, it might even be for the best that the show was canned, and forced to do one serious "grand finale".

Although... while Season 3 Episode 1 was awful (Chicken Jack... Jack gets turned into a chicken. so... the whole episode is a fighting chicken. ...I dont care.), so far every other episode in Season 3 Ive watched has been great, including "Jack vs. Zombies", which was the high point of the show thus far, and ACTUALLY featured a battle with Aku. It's exactly the sort of episode the show needs way more of.

I've read through the plot synopsis for all of the episodes, and it sounds like Season 4, at least, stays very serious and on-point. So I'm going to hold out some hopes there.
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Sat May 06, 2017 10:33 pm

The rest of Season 3 and Season 4 of Samurai Jack were nearly perfect. One of the best shows Ive ever watched. Im more convinced than ever that it is frankly ridiculous that it was cancelled when it was.

I'm glad season 5 is happening... but now that I've gone back and watched the "glory days", so to speak... I feel a bit robbed. The show clearly feels like it needed another season or two of "adventures" before cutting forward 50 years to the finale. =/
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby DarkHorseRequiem » Wed May 10, 2017 2:16 am

What about the episode where they fought in color and something something?
DarkHorseRequiem
Knight
Knight

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Wed May 10, 2017 10:08 am

That's the first episode of Season 4. Which is, as I said, nearly perfect. That's Jack vs. The Ninja, and that is probably the one episode I would show to someone if I was trying to explain to them how Samurai Jack--when it's at its best--is a mix of action and artistry unlike any other.
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

Postby cren3856 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Genndy no!
cren3856
Gold Knight
Gold Knight

Postby Abaddon Daemon » Tue May 23, 2017 8:53 am

Oh no... is this about the series finale? I havent watched it yet. I got a really bad feeling after watching episode 9 of the season. Only having one episode left did *not* feel like enough time to end the show well... your reaction makes me think my worst fears might be confirmed. =(

Ill try to watch it before I check back here next.
I am Abaddon Daemon
You can call me AD
Abaddon Daemon
Grand Councilor
Grand Councilor

PreviousNext

Return to Social Board